Covid-19 Safe working
EPEC Ltd (Energy, Performance, Efficiency and Cost savings) method statement for surveys and site visits.
Updated February 2021.
What this statement is all about.
In these extraordinary times of a global virus pandemic we need to protect our suppliers, customers, employees and families. As we carry out surveys on properties we will at some point come into contact with another person or persons during our working day.
As a result of this we have decided to adapt the way we work in order to protect all parties.
The video below gives potential and current clients information and advice on how tradespeople can work safely in their homes and what they can do to play their part in reducing the spread of Covid-19 before, during and after visits:
Key points for conducting ourselves during a working day for site visits and surveys:
- We will reassure you that we have been given instructions on the precautions we need to take with regard to the spread of COVid19.
- We will check by asking if anyone in the household has developed a new cough or has a fever, (a temperature of 38.7oC) If it is confirmed that this is the case and anyone in the household is self-isolating we will not visit until advised by yourselves it is safe to do so. We are required to do this to comply with the current legislation.
- Before approaching the property we will put on disposable nitrile gloves. If gloves are not available we will wash our hands at any opportunity. We will bring our own hand sanitiser. We will wear a face mask rated at PM2.5 at all times. Social distancing is very important (see next point).
- On entering the property we will advise you that it is safer for you to maintain a distance of at least 2 metres from us and request that this is maintained for the duration of our visit.
- Once we have completed our work, we will wipe down and sanitise any surfaces using isopropyl alcohol and disposable wipes. wipe down any surfaces we have come into contact with and dispose of the of the wipe in a separate rubbish bag.
- We will also wipe the surfaces of any tools and equipment used.
- Once we have left site we will remove our gloves and dispose of them in the same rubbish bag as the wipes.
- Crucially, if we experience any symptoms of the coronavirus we will self-isolate immediately which under current government guidelines applies to the whole family. We will also inform you of this.
We will continue to review and revise this method statement and welcome any suggestions from our suppliers and customers as to how these arrangements can be improved.
Prepared by Daniel and Emma Hurst, Directors, EPEC Ltd.